21. —-Any news about Bill Clinton?
—-He left power three years ago and has a little now and a little then been ______.
A. heard of since B. heard since C. heard before D. heard of before
解析：答句可改为I have heard of him a little now and a little then since he left power three years ago.→
He has a little now and a little then heard of since he left power three years ago.
22. Professor Liu has ________ teach psychology since he came to the Central China Normal University.
A. determination to B. been determined to C. been determining to D. determined to
23. The idea for the new machine came to Mr. Baker ______ to his invention recently.
A. while devoting B. while devoted C. while he was devoted D. while devoting himself.
Mr Baker thought of the idea for the new machine (B / D) to his invention recently.
24. How many of us ______ a meeting that is not important to us would be interested in the discussion?
A. attended B. attending C. to attend D. have attended
解析：attending a meeting that is not important to us做定语
25. I can _____ some noise while I’m studying, but I can’t stand very loud noise.
A. put up with B. get rid of C. have effects on D. keep away from
解析：从后边的stand能够揣度，这儿用put up with 表明忍耐
26. Before leaving home, make sure to turn off the electricity, lock the door, ______ the windows open.
A. and not to leave B. instead of leaving C. rather than leave D. and not leave
解析：lock和 turn都是不定式必定方式lock 前省掉了to ,但not to leave 是否定方式，to不行省
27. A mysterious illness, referred to as “ a typical phenomena”, has been brought under control, the government said41. —Why? Where is the key to the meeting room? —Dear me! You it in the taxi!
A．had never left B．didn’t leave C．never left D．haven’t left
解析 You never left it in the taxi!你不会把它忘在出租车里了吧.(加强口气)
42. —I didn’t go to the Museum yesterday. —Yes, but I would rather you there too.
A．went B．had gone C．should go D．would have gone
解析 would rather + 虚拟口气(sb did/ sb had done)
I would rather you studied hard.(you don’t study hard at present.)
I would rather I had studied hard when I was at school.(I regretted that I didn’t studied hard in the past.)
43. They _______ a certain amount of working experience through volunteer work.
A. attempted B. accumulated C. abandoned D. accomplished
解析 考词义accumulate 堆集; attempt测验 ;abandon扔掉,抛弃; accomplish 完结
44. “Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.” is a proverb, ______ life is beautiful and full of
frustrations as well
A. means B. to mean C. meaning D. meant
解析 meaning= which means
45. He proved himself a true gentleman and the beauty of his _______ was seen at its best when
he worked with others.
A. temper B. appearance C. talent D. character
解析 考词义. the beauty of his character品格的魅力
46. Nowadays sending e-mails to each other is a way many a student _______ what they think.
A. conveys B. convey C. account D. accounts
解析 convey 表达Words can’t convey my feelings.言语无法表达我的心境.
Many a +名词/more than one +名词/every…and every…/ no…and no…等作主语,虽表明复数含义但谓语动词用奇数.
47.The athletes spent as much time getting trained as they __ studying.
A. were B. had C. did D. disliked
48. —He was nearly drowned in a pool.
—Oh, when was ___ exactly?
— It was in 1983 ____ he was swimming with his friends.
A. this; that B. that; when C. that; that D. what; when
解析：That，it都指那件事 第二句弥补完好为 He was nearly drowned in 1983 when he was swimming with his friends.
49. — I am going downtown. — Come on. _________.
A.Don't do that. B. You are welcome. C. Come with me. D. I'll give you a lift.
50. — Does anybody want an extra ticket to go to the cinema?
— Whom would you rather ______ with you, George or me?
A. have go B. have gone C. to go D. going
解析：疑问句改为报告句you would rather have whom go with you. 另短语Have sb do
51. The managing director was to _______ the accident, although it was not his fault.
A. be blamed for B. be blamed on C. blame for D. blame on